Homeowner Education Counseling and Training Fund (HECAT)
Combined Privacy Act.
We at (African Families Development Network) value your trust and are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This notice describes our policy regarding collection and disclosure of personal information. The following programs area funded in part by the Homeownership Education Counseling and Training (HECAT) Fund: Homebuyer Education (Home Stretch & Pathways Home), Homebuyer Counseling, and Home Equity Conversion Mortgage Counseling or Reverse Mortgage Counseling. The HECAT funders include: Minnesota Housing, Minnesota Homeownership Center, Greater Minnesota Housing Fund, and the Family Housing Fund.
Social Security Numbers.
The Privacy Act of 1974 makes it unlawful for any Federal, State, or local government agency to deny your participation in this Homebuyer Counseling program if you refuse to provide your social security number. If you do not provide your social security number services to you may be more limited, but you will continue to be eligible to receive services we can provide without a social security number.
Other Private Data.
Under Minnesota Statutes, your name and address are public data. All other data we may ask about you is private data on individuals. Agreeing to share your public data is mandatory for participation in the HECAT funded programs listed above. Sharing your private data is not mandatory for participation in the program. However, if you do not provide private information (such as income, debts, and assets) services to you may be more limited. We collect private information for the purposes of program management, compliance monitoring, research, and program evaluation to (check all that apply):
Support homebuyer education
Support homebuyer counseling
Support reverse mortgage counseling
We collect your private information from the following sources: information that we receive from you on applications or other forms, information about your transactions with us, and information we receive from a consumer reporting agency. We may disclose the following types of private information about you;
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, employer, assets, debts, and income;
• Information about your transactions with us, and
• Information we receive from a consumer credit reporting agency, such as credit bureau reports, your credit history and your creditworthiness. We may disclose your private information to the following entities or their representatives identified above and to other entities properly authorized under law to review it.
• Staff at this organization who need it to work on your case;
• HECAT funders: Minnesota Housing Finance Agency, Family Housing Fund, Greater Minnesota Housing Fund, and the Homeownership Center.